Monday, September 26, 2011

Starting Young

    As long as I can remember cake's have always been made in the house. My mom took classes before I was born, making cakes for my dad's friends while he was in the Army. Kept up with it for friends and family she would make a cake for a friends birthday, an office party, birthday cakes and even wedding cakes here and there. So when I was little I was always by here side when she did so. I learned how to measure and follow recipes. My treat for helping was the hot cake tops fresh out of the oven that would be cut off to leave the cakes, still the only way I like cake to this day.
    I also picked up the basics, filling icing bags, cracking eggs with no shells lots of little things. Never had to much success with frosting or pipping. I think that's why now I stick to fondant and gumpaste. I'm sure with some more practice I might get a little better with it. But thanks to my mom I have a sort of natural talent with design and decorating cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment